2 replies to this topic

#1 JeffH13

JeffH13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

I'm getting an error message when trying to run some reports:  "Page Too Small [5000]".

I wanted to print Family Group Sheets for every family in my file.  I have five hundred people in the file.  Even when I only select 10 families I get this message.  This has happened on other reports as well.

I'm running RM6 on Windows 7, 64 bit, 4GB memory.

Anyone know the meaning or how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Jeff

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

I am just guessing, but, it could be a printer setup problem.

Go to the Report Settings screen for the report.  Click on Layout.  Check the Margins to see if they are too small and printing would be too close to the edge of the paper.  You could also try changing fonts and font size if the margins are alright.  When checking for fonts and sizes, also check the fonts for each section on the Header/Footer screen.

I hope this helps.

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

When checking the printer settings, don't forget to verify that the paper size is set to Letter or 8.5"x11" - I also use a fun program for taking posed photos, and I use 4x6 photo paper for that. Sometimes I have to wrestle with print drivers to get the default reset to Letter. I do use different printers for photos and RM reports, but they are both the same manufacturer. I think its a Windows issue, because my solution seems to be resetting the printer defaults from Control Panel rather than the Advanced tab in a print dialog box.