• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bdurham

bdurham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

I select a person in my RootsMagic tree and want to make a website showing the descendants of that person.  Problem is those persons who do not have a "place of birth" or "place of marriage" (left blank) gets an automatic "place of birth" or "place of marriage" added to the website. 

Example:
John Durham b. 20 Oct 1742  (no place of birth listed) 
(turns into)
John Durham was born on 20 Oct 1742 in Bolt, Raleigh County, West Virginia.

Of course, there is NO "Bolt, Raleigh County, West Virginia" in 1742.  West Virginia didn't even become a state until 1863.  The RootsMagic program is putting in text where I don't want text to be added. 

How do I fix this?

Byron K. Durham

byrondurham50@yahoo.com

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6161 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

1. My first suggestion is that you upgrade to RootsMagic 6; version 3 is obsolete and unsupported.
  2. Failing that, update to the latest version of RM3. http://www.rootsmagi...tes/RootsMagic/ ver 3.2.6
  3. If RM3 has a Reindex function, try that.
  4. Last resort, export your database to a full GEDCOM and import it into a new RM3 database.

If you stick with RM3 and none of suggestions 2 to 4 correct your problem, then it would appear to be a bug which cannot be fixed except by going to a later version. Skip directly to RM6 for only $20.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

I am using RM 3.2.6. Go to File, Reindexing database to reindex and pack the database.  Backup the database first.

I can't even imagine using RM 3 all this time.  No Groups, no People view, no Timeline view, no WebSearch for a very very short list of added features in later versions.  I opened the Custom report screen and had a bad walk down memory lane.   :)  And, another bad walk down memory lane when I opened the Edit person screen and had to click on Edit fact to open the edit screen instead of just editing the fact in the right pane.