2 replies to this topic

#1 Kim W

Kim W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

When I go to add an event the screen is full size. It used to be a small window. I don't know what I did to make it full screen. How do I
reduce it to a small window when I want to add an event? Thanks!

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

How do I reduce it to a small window when I want to add an event?

I assume you are talking about the Add Fact window. The window size is more of a Windows thing than an RM thing. The window has three little icons in the upper right hand corner. The one one the right is a red X to close the window. The one on the left is a dash - a "-" without the quotes - to minimize the screen. The one in the middle is sort of a square. Click on the square to maximize or "mediumize" the window. Clicking the square flips back and forth between maximize and "mediumize", and the little square looks slightly different depending on whether the window is maximized or "mediumized".

"Mediumize" is a term I invented. A maximized window has a fixed size of the whole screen. A minimized window has a fixed size of being invisible. A "mediumized" window doesn't have a fixed size. If it's too large or too small, you can change its size by clicking and holding one of its borders and then dragging the borders to the new size. RM doesn't do a very good job of remembering when you resize one of the "mediumized" windows.

It occurs to me that you might be talking about the Edit Person screen where you actually enter your data after having entered the fact. If so, the resizing works exactly the same way I described above for the Add Fact window.

Jerry

#3 Kim W

Kim W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Thanks Jerry! I was clicking on the window but it wasn't doing anything. It didn't dawn on me to drag the borders.
Kim