• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 antamanov

antamanov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

So i just started to use the Roots Magic. And i cant find the way to import all of the names from my tree at the FamilySearch website.

I create a new file, press 'import' and it goes and imports a lot of my names. But it won't import a lot of people for some reason. And it's always the same ones. about 50 or so. All of them are not my direct ancestors, but the descendants from some other lines, for example. It really confuses me.
If i than trying to import data about those families, it will work out for 2-3 names and won't do anything else. Could anyone please advice what to do?
I really want and need to import ALL. and i'ts not a lot of people, maybe about 100 more or so.

I though maybe the issue is in some sort of privacy, but  my tree is not connected with anyone's since i'm from Russia and FS is not popular here.
Thanks in advance!
Sergey

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8446 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Did you start with youself as the starting person?  How many generations of ancestors and descendants did you select?

It will only import those that are connected to you. If the lines are not connected then it won't import pass them. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 antamanov

antamanov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

Did you start with youself as the starting person?  How many generations of ancestors and descendants did you select?

Yes i did. I selected 1 descendants (in fact i don't have any so far) and 10 generations of ancestors (and that's how much i have total in the FamilyTree)

It will only import those that are connected to you. If the lines are not connected then it won't import pass them.

Hm, it would be really good to know the definition of 'connected to you'.

For example - my FamilyTree has my great-grand father from the 10th generation. He had 2 sons. Descendant of one of them - me. But what about the second son and his descendants? I have it all in the Family Tree but it wasn't added.
But than i imported some more information starting from this brother, and all of his descendants appeared in my tree. Does it mean i need to do a similar thing for every line who are not direct?