• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 warhorse

warhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

I have a couple of files backed up in DropBox (hopefully, I'll never have to use it).  My questions are these:  1) Once I restore the file from DropBox, do I have to re-link the images or can I go into the multimedia and tell it to hunt for the missing images?  2) Are the images already incorporated in the backup?

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

Any images linked when you did the backup will be linked when you restore the backup.

UNLESS you are relying only on the images stored in the cloud.

If your images are still on your computer, the links will be just fine when you restore the backup unless you delete or move the original image files from your computer.

Alfred

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

Images are NOT included in the RM backup - only LINKS to the images. Be sure to backup the images separately. I do this by using ZtreeWin (http://www.ztree.com/html/ztreewin.htm) software to sync my local hard drive (including folder  structure & files) to a USB hard drive. There are lots of other software solutions to do this sync, including some that can be scheduled to complete the backup automatically. Since I don't keep my USB drive constantly connected to my PC, using an automated solution doesn't work for me.