3 replies to this topic

#1 DoddemaGen

DoddemaGen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

I recently moved everything over to a new laptop and this is the first time that I've used the FamilySearch Merge within RM6 with this laptop.

Trying to merge multiple duplicate individuals and I keep getting the HTTP 1.1 400 Bad Request Error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bernard Doddema, Jr.

#2 ennoborg

ennoborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

I get the same sometimes, and it seems to be related to the multiple part of the merge. You can try the merge on the FamilySearch site to see if it works step by step. I get occasional errors there too, but most times it works for me.

regards,

Enno

#3 JenaraS

JenaraS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

I have this exact problem occur at least half the time, and I have never found a common denominator as to its occurrence or a way to prevent it.  The only thing that I can see might be related is there is information in FS that cannot come over to RM for the merge (like a child attached to a parent).  The only work around I have found is what was already suggested... I copy the two ID# and do the merge in FS.  After the merge, you WILL need to refresh the RM person page if you are in the FamilySearch Person Tools page, or you will get that error/bad request message.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

This is a merge issue caused by FamilySearch. They will fix it then a new update breaks it, we report it broken and then it keeps coming back.  If you select any option with a radio button (circle) for the person on the right (middle column on that screen) it will throw that 400 error. You can select any checkbox option but not the radio button options.

Since you want to keep some of those radio button options I recommend for now that you add that fact to your RootsMagic database and then move it over to FamilySearch after the merge. To add the fact to RootsMagic click on the "View RootsMagic Person' button on the bottom of the merge screen. Then manually add that fact. 

Renee
RootsMagic