• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kc7qwh

kc7qwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

I am still having a great deal of difficulty downloading information from FamilySearch.  I am trying to download 10 generations of ancestors and 4 generations of descendants.  I have tried about 6 times now and have not been able to download this without it stopping.  Just like in the previous posts there is no error message, the name just stops changing.  Just to make sure it is really frozen, I left it overnight.  I have been using a fast internet connection >20 down and > 20 up so I know the connection speed isn't the issue.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  How can I get this to work?

#2 kc7qwh

kc7qwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

I am having a very similar problem, but for me the person which the download hangs on is different every time.  Any suggestions?  The most recent is Frances, 7th great grand aunt and I am unable to find her in the database I just downloaded.  The only way I have found to reset RM is to use Windows task manager and force stop the program.  I cannot cancel the download or do anything from within RM.  

#3 kc7qwh

kc7qwh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Is there a way RM could show the FamilySearch number of the person being downloaded so we can know which person was being downloaded when it froze?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

I split these posted out from different thread because the old ones where prior to the new update 6.3.1.0. Make sure you are using the latest version of RootsMagic (Help>About RootsMagic)

If the import freezes it should give the name of the person it stopped on. Then go into the database and find them and locate their FamilySearch ID that way. You can display the FamilySearch ID after their name by going to Tools>File Options>Number to displayed after name and selecting that. 

The other way to find the FamilySearch ID is to open the FamilySearch Person Tools and you will see who they are matched to on FamilySearch. On the Share Data tab you will see on the right a copy button to click on to copy the FamilySearch ID to the Windows Clipboard.

Can you give me the FamilySearch ID for your starting person and I will test the Import.

Renee
RootsMagic