• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Genequeen

Genequeen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hi, I am using RootsMagic 5 and when I am on Family View and I click on the person which I want to know about usually I see their relationship to me (I am the root person) which displays the relationship to me in a toolbar on the bottom left hand side of the screen - grandfather, great aunt etc. but I noticed that it shows on some direct ancestors and siblings and then not for others.  I have checked the each person whose relationship to me does not display in the bottom toolbar when I click on that particular person within family view and I have unlinked and linked the person to their parents and linked and unlinked their children but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  Can anyone please help me to be able to switch on particular person's relationship to me so that it shows in the bottom left hand toolbar in family view when I click on an individual person?

Thank you.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

If you have added a person since you last used Tools>Set Relationships, then their relationship will not show. You need to run that tool again to have the relationship calculated and displayed in the lower left corner of the status line. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Penny Blake

Penny Blake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Also it only displays relationships for blood relations, so your cousins husband/wife will show as blank.

#4 Genequeen

Genequeen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:27 AM

Thank you so much for your help - this is working fine now.  I didn't realise that the program needed me to set this tool after each time that I added a new person.  I will definitely have to remember to keep doing this then. :rolleyes: