• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wdbeam

wdbeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Roots magic is a great program, but I'm so tired of wrestling with various apps to make it work on my Mac.
We have had enough promises of a Mac version. Where is it??

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Mama sez: "Patience is golden...."

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Still in development. It requires a complete rewrite of RootsMagic so it's taking time. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Jody Pryor

Jody Pryor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Another Mac user who was disappointed to see the app for my iPhone, but not for my computer where I spend most of my time when working on genealogy. 

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

We have an iOS and Android App now. A Mac version of the desktop program is still in development.

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 MacUser

MacUser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

Any update on plans??

I am REALLY looking forward to RM for the mac!!!!! I am running RM6 under crossover, but want a native mac desktop version to the extent that I'll be glad to beta test, glad to pay full boat even though I own a windows license. Whatever.

It totally amazes me that not one of the current mac developers out there now seems to get shared events! Not one.

Doug

#7 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3978 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

I speak only for myself, not for RootsMagic. But there is an important business opportunity for RM to acquire former TMG users by providing good support for TMG to RM migration. It seems likely to me that this effort to provide good support for TMG to RM migration may cause some minor delays in the Mac version of RM.

Jerry

#8 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

I speak only for myself, not for RootsMagic. But there is an important business opportunity for RM to acquire former TMG users by providing good support for TMG to RM migration. It seems likely to me that this effort to provide good support for TMG to RM migration may cause some minor delays in the Mac version of RM.

Jerry

And that would be after the delays caused by anything-FamilySearch related.

#9 MacUser

MacUser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

And that would be after the delays caused by anything-FamilySearch related.

And that would be after delays caused by iOS & android app. Do people really use their phone for serious genealogy? Or their iPad?

#10 altenbernd

altenbernd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

As a TMG user, I look forward to see what the TMG Import is going to look like. 

I'm not a Mac user, but I am glad to see Roots Magic expanding into that arena.  It will increase their customer base and help ensure the longterm viability of the company.  I switched from UFT to TMG 15 years ago when UFT went under.  Now, I'm in the process of changing again because TMG is shutting its doors.  I'm hoping my next change will be the last one!!