2 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2373 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

I received a gedcom today from a fellow researcher which was created with FO v4, I checked some stuff I have and I do have the files for what appears to be FO v8 which is dated 1999.

Does anyone know what year FO4 was?, I am guessing 1995?

Software Comparisons - Place Management - How other software packages stack up.
Media Gallery (a critical look) - Written when RM4 was introduced but still applies today.

Relaxation is the key to life and this is where I get some time to relax and catch up on my hobby and research s the key to life and this is where I get some time to catch up on me genealogy work and research

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3666 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Reviews were published in 1995
Genealogical Periodical Annual Index: Key to the Genealogical Literature, Volume 34 (1995) . Leslie K. Towle and Anna Liisa Fielding. 1998, cloth, 252 pp.
http://books.google....gins 4"&f=false

Tom user of RM6314 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2373 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

Thanks Tom, I was guessing that as I remember version updates were pretty reliably once per year.

Forgetting about Place Details this place list needs some work, no comma delimiting at all and those old style descriptive entries and PlaceClean has no clue where to start.

Still it just goes to show how far the program has moved forward in encouraging some sort of accurate place entry and long may it continue.

Software Comparisons - Place Management - How other software packages stack up.
Media Gallery (a critical look) - Written when RM4 was introduced but still applies today.

Relaxation is the key to life and this is where I get some time to relax and catch up on my hobby and research s the key to life and this is where I get some time to catch up on me genealogy work and research