1 reply to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

As I work through resolving ambiguous Places and Place Details I have several browser windows open in conjunction with jumping in and out of Rootsmagic Gazetteer and County Check.

As more and more users struggle to resolve unidentified Places & Place Details it would seem logical (to me) that any program aimed at helping in that goal should display all available resources at a single click.

I would like to see the introduction of a "Resolve this Place" button which would bring up a multi pane window showing Gazetteer, County Check and popular search engine suggestions. This would involve RM sending off the recorded Place & Place Details to sites like Bing and users could also set a preferred resource site like http://www.genuki.org.uk/ which I often use.

With a new Place Management UI incorporating an embedded online map a close suggestion should be shown on that embedded map as Rootsmagic Mapping does already.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mapping, geocode, place details