1 reply to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3356 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:40 AM

As I work through resolving ambiguous Places and Place Details I have several browser windows open in conjunction with jumping in and out of Rootsmagic Gazetteer and County Check.

As more and more users struggle to resolve unidentified Places & Place Details it would seem logical (to me) that any program aimed at helping in that goal should display all available resources at a single click.

I would like to see the introduction of a "Resolve this Place" button which would bring up a multi pane window showing Gazetteer, County Check and popular search engine suggestions. This would involve RM sending off the recorded Place & Place Details to sites like Bing and users could also set a preferred resource site like http://www.genuki.org.uk/ which I often use.

With a new Place Management UI incorporating an embedded online map a close suggestion should be shown on that embedded map as Rootsmagic Mapping does already.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

The great Indian mathematician Aryabhat caclulated the value of pi at 3.1416, ~1500 years ago and without a computer!

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mapping, geocode, place details