• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fredandrana

fredandrana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

I would like to recommend the ability to select certain media as "private" so that it does not display on my site. Such as...birth certificates of those that are still alive (yes, I keep those images on my site, because one never knows when an image will disappear from the web, or if the link will get broken, or the apocalypse will come and the internet will disappear entirely) , death certificates of a sensitive nature, et cetera. Maybe something as simple as a box under each image that one can click to hide, unclick to show. Have the default set as unclicked. Same thing with individual facts....or just an option to make either a person private, and just show a last name, or make details private, and hide all dates.

I know this topic has been brought up before, but I haven't seen anyone mention the media privacy yet.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8767 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

We have a option on the media tag to "Include in scrapbook for this person". I would think logically that would be where to control it on the website output too. I tested and the image is still showing. Honestly, I don't know if that is by design or not. I know when we were beta testing I never thought to test that. So it is in our tracking system for development to look at.

In the mean time when generating the Publish Online website use the Private feature. If you still want living people to have all info showing, name, full dates and places, by having the Private box checked the pictures are the only thing that won't show.
Renee
RootsMagic