Photo

CrossOver install of RM 6 stuck at "installing Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7"

crossover installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jillaine Smith

Jillaine Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

I'm starting a new topic for this specific challenge I'm having trying to install RM 6 on my newly upgraded iOS.

I followed the instructions given here to install RM 6.

All elements have installed but this one:

Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7

The installation is stuck here; the progress bar is at about 50% and no further progress is being made.

Advice for how to resolve this please? I'm eager to be using RM6 again on my recently upgraded laptop.

Thanks!

Slight update: I didn't resolve it completely, but I did cancel just the installation of "Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7" and it completed the remaining steps of the installation. I'm now running RM 6, but have no idea when things are going to crash because this one element did not install...

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

I'm starting a new topic for this specific challenge I'm having trying to install RM 6 on my newly upgraded iOS.

I followed the instructions given here to install RM 6.

All elements have installed but this one:

Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7

The installation is stuck here; the progress bar is at about 50% and no further progress is being made.

Advice for how to resolve this please? I'm eager to be using RM6 again on my recently upgraded laptop.

Thanks!

Slight update: I didn't resolve it completely, but I did cancel just the installation of "Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7" and it completed the remaining steps of the installation. I'm now running RM 6, but have no idea when things are going to crash because this one element did not install...

This isn't a problem I encountered when I started with CrossOver on version 12.5.0 (and have subsequently migrated through all levels to 13.1.2 just now). Sorry but I have no idea what the implications of this "problem" could be, unless it affects the display of the RM news screen. However, some thoughts --

If you use the Manage Bottles option under Configure, does the Rendering Engine show in the list of Installed Applications? If so, what happens if you select it and use the Repair or Remove option?

Also, what happens if you delete the Bottle and start again, or rerun the whole RM install but call the Bottle something else. There doesn't appear to be any problem of having multiple RM bottles, though probably better if each has its own set of RM directories/folders.

I'm in no way an expert on CrossOver but maybe some of this may be of help.

#3 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

I'm in no way an expert on CrossOver but maybe some of this may be of help.

I've just stumbled across this - https://www.codeweav...me/?app_id=7854 - maybe there is something there to experiment with, perhaps trying to install it into another Bottle. There may also be some hints or tips to help.