4 replies to this topic

#1 Jillaine Smith

Jillaine Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

I recently had to upgrade my iOS to 10.8.6 (from 10.6.x). I reinstalled Crossover and attempted to reinstall my purchased copy of RM 6, but it's not listed among the installable programs in Crossover.

Please advise. Thanks.

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

I recently had to upgrade my iOS to 10.8.6 (from 10.6.x). I reinstalled Crossover and attempted to reinstall my purchased copy of RM 6, but it's not listed among the installable programs in Crossover.

Please advise. Thanks.

Go to http://www.codeweave...e/?app_id=10995 and start from step 2 - "Install RootsMagic 6 via CrossTie. That should reinstall RM6.

#3 Jillaine Smith

Jillaine Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

JP, thanks. it seems to be working. NOTE for others, after doing the above, you'll get to that screen of programs that Crossover can install; if you don't see RM6 on the list, you'll need to refresh the list.

#4 Jillaine Smith

Jillaine Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

Mmm.... it's hanging in the middle of install (of RM6). I'm on my third attempt. I'm using CrossOver 11.x -- not willing to shell out $ for v12.x until I know I can get RM 6 running.

#5 Jillaine Smith

Jillaine Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

I looked at the details of the installation process; it's stuck with installing Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7. All other elements of the installation are finished.

Any suggestions for what to do about this?