9 replies to this topic

#1 pkm

pkm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

In RM6, and Windows 7 Home Premium Operating system, when I publish my information, most of the PICTURES are NOT showing up in the PUBLISHED information on the WEB! For example, in the Web, when I go to a Pedigree Chart, I see one or two pictures, but not for most of the people on the chart even though those pictures exist and I see them in the Pedigree Chart on my desktop PC version? Please tell me what I am doing wrong and fix this little issue. Thank you so much.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

When you are generating the Publish Online website did you check the box for "Primary photos only"? Are any of the missing photos primary photos or not?
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 pkm

pkm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Yes I had. And, I went back and took that selection OFF and republished. Still, I do not see all the pictures I see in my PC view. In the PC, when I select most any name on the Pedigree chart, see their photo on the TOP white space where they show the full name and some of the events associated with the person. What else can I check? Thank you for your help.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

Are any of the individuals with missing photo's online marked Living in your database? Do any of the photos not displayed have a red x on them in the database?

What is the website URL so we can take a look at it? Also we need an example of a page where someone's photo should appear and does not.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 pkm

pkm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

I have been working with 14 of the individuals to track what I am doing. All 14 of these people have LIVING marked/checked. None of my 230 pictures (all jpg files) have a RED X.
The web site is http://my.rootsmagic.com/pkorisa
The file is attached - as example, these names should show their pictures to the left of their names: Bishwa Bihari "Muna" MISHRA, Amit MISHRA, Pushpamitra "Mamuni" MISHRA, Pratima Kumari Mishra

Tried to send you a chart showing these names but I do not find any ways to attach a file here, but you could look at the Pedigree Chart for Amit MISHRA and you should see this problem as an example.

Thank you for your help

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

If you want the media to show on living people you need to turn off the privatizing option.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 pkm

pkm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Yes, I did what you had suggested and that did fix the problem. Thank you so much.

#8 karibeth61

karibeth61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

Renee:

Hope you can help as I am having the same problem. (RM7 User)

When you are generating the Publish Online website did you check the box for "Primary photos only"? Are any of the missing photos primary photos or not?

"Primary Photos Only" is currently NOT checked (tried it both ways). Also, the only photos I have in the database are some of the individuals' profile picture. No family photos or anything like that.

Are any of the individuals with missing photo's online marked Living in your database? Do any of the photos not displayed have a red x on them in the database?

What is the website URL so we can take a look at it? Also we need an example of a page where someone's photo should appear and does not.

Most individuals published to date are living, but the same problem exists for the ones who are deceased, and there are no red x's on the photos.

http://sites.rootsma...w-EnsingFamily/ There should be a picture for Craig David Stewart (deceased) and Carter David Stewart (living).

If you want the media to show on living people you need to turn off the privatizing option.

Privatizing option is turned off.

Kari

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8471 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

If you privatize the living no photos will show for them. On the deceased individuals the photos should show, of course depending on your settings.

Open the media tag for the photos missing, check if see the following options are at the bottom.

Primary photo.....

Include in scrapbook ....

If you don't then it was not added with the Media Type "Image" allow it to display on the website, reports, etc.

Renee
RootsMagic

#10 karibeth61

karibeth61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

I had unchecked the "Include in scrapbook" since they were just profile pictures. Reselecting that option fixed the problem. Thanks!

Kari