• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shellimark

shellimark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

For some reason RM gets hung up on a single name when importing. I've done the import on 2 different PCs and it stalls on the same individual in both locations. I started with a blank Database and took note of the progress 12 hours ago with no change, the same number of individuals and families show imported.

"Family Search has new information" is showing the number at 14203 compared to the 14206 showing imported.

Suggestions welcome.

Marc

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

You could give me the FamilySearch ID and settings and I can attempt the download it for testing. But, to be honest there are some "problem" people we have seen during imports that just stall and won't come over. We have yet to figure out why. If you have the FS ID for the person it sticks on that would be helpful in testing.

Whenever you look at a person's Share Data tab in the FamilySearch Person Tools it will remove them from the "FamilySearch has new information" filter. You probably looked at a few people that is why the number matched and number with new info is different.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 shellimark

shellimark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

I was having a problem on my main account so I started a brand new file, added only myself then imported my tree starting with my daughter KWJ1-LJF for 10 generations.
Posted Image

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Since you are importing living people I wouldn't be able to test that import with my login. Did the import stall on anyone that is living, or a couple where one is living and the other is deceased? FamilySearch is making a lot of changes on the living people right that may or may not be part of the problem.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 shellimark

shellimark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

The person listed I'm assuming is Very Deceased as it's my daughter's Ninth Great GrandAunt. The import has been stalled on this one name, no others that I'm aware of.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

What is Abigail Terry's FS ID#. The one you gave me is for your daughter and since she is living I can't start with her with my login. I can at least check Abigail and see if I can spot a problem with her record.

Sometime people don't have dates and even though you know they are many generations back, they still maybe consider "living" because of no dates.
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 shellimark

shellimark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

I Force Killed RM, and found Abigail Terry 9JK3-PKB (This could be a possible duplicate with Abigail Martha Terry MX7D-LZS). Both of these were in my list of names

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

If you merge the duplicates will it now come over during the import?
Renee
RootsMagic