• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 afburkett

afburkett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

I have windows 7-64 and I am using the latest update of RM6.
It appears I have messed up my Report Viewer in some way but I am not smart enough to know how.

When on the Family Page, I click on Reports. Then I select any report such as Individual Summary. After clicking on Generate Report, it comes up fine except it is too wide for my screen size. The part cut off is the left most 1 inch or so of the screen (over to the ings of the word Settings or to ort of the word Report. Everything is ok on the right side and the bottom of course. Have I inadvertantly changed a setting somewhere?

Appreciate your help,
Art

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

in the Report biewer toolbar, there should be two little magnifying glases with plus and minus signs in them, they will increase or decrease the sive of the report viewe.
There is also a number there with a dropdown arrow that you can use to increase or decrease the size of the view.
Alfred

#3 afburkett

afburkett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Alfred...
Sorry, I have not made myself clear on this one.
Your suggestions do indeed change the size of the "report" but it does not change the size of the overall page titled "Report Viewer". It is the overall page that is too wide.
I wish I knew the proper name for it but it has Report Viewer in the upper left corner and X in the upper right corner.
Art

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

a double click on the title bar, that bar between "Report viewer" and the X should make it just fill the screen.
If you then click on the little double square icon between the minus sign and the X it will revert to what it was.

You should be able to grab that title bar (with the mouse cursor on it press the left button and hold it down) and drag it down and to one side or another so you can see a corner.
Then move the cursot to that corner till you see the double arrow and press the button and drag it smaller.
You can then grab the title bar and move it where you want it.
Alfred

#5 afburkett

afburkett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Alfred,
Thanks a bunch! Your suggestions helped a lot. My son also changed my screen resolution from 1600x900 to 1440x900 and now it works perfectly.
It is interesting that my screens are 1600x900 (manufactured that way and has been set that way for years). But...
You the Man!
Thanks again,
Art