3 replies to this topic

#1 dxs

dxs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

Hi;

Switching data from one computer to another I have managed to 'add' the 'new data' to the 'old data' instead of replacing the 'old data' with the 'new data'. Please don't ask how I managed to do that!! I just did!

I think that all I need to do is to get rid of the old data (RIN 1 to 4534) and keep the new data (RIN 4535 to 9124). Sounds simple enough! The only problem is that I cannot work out how to do it other than deleting one RIN at at atime. There has to be a better/easier way.

I am hoping you can tell me what it is!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

David S

#2 Mad dog

Mad dog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

If you have a backup before you duplicated everyone, do a File>Restore.

If NO backup, you can go to Tools>Merge>Duplicate Search Merge and then merge the duplicate people. A pain, I know.

Create a NEW database, then select YOU and drag n drop into the NEW database. You can select who to copy to new database.

Good luck.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3986 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

Lacking access to RM at this moment, I think you could drag'n'drop everyone having a record number greater than 4534 to a new database by using the Select people from a list option. That would avoid the mess you will have from merging.
Tom
user of RM7000 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4482 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Yes, TomH is almost right you can Select People based on Record Number - greater than - 4533

If you specify one number lower than where you want to start it will begin exactly in the right place.
Renee
RootsMagic