• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LeeHollenbeck

LeeHollenbeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

How about a hot-key to insert today's date? :)

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

It's not a hot-key but if you click on the calendar icon at the end of the date field it will default to today's date if the field is blank. You can then hit enter and it will add today's date to the date field.

What I will do is add an enhancement request for a hot-key to open the calendar in that field. The enter-key already works to add that date there. FYI, there is already an enhancement request for hot-keys to move from calendar to calculator tab in that window.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 LeeHollenbeck

LeeHollenbeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hi Renee,

A hot-key to open the calendar, then simply hitting the enter key would absolutely work! Thank you.

The place where I am most using today's date in source and citation date fields.

I don't think I understand the previous request for the calculator, but if I could enter today's date in source and citation date fields with a couple of keystrokes, and no thought as to what today's date actually is, that would be fabulous. Hot-Key for Date-calculator would be fine since, as it currently exists, it only takes an arrow key to switch from the newly opened date calculator to the calendar.

Thank you for helping, and always responding quickly, we are fortunate to have you.

Lee Ann

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Today, right now in Rootsmagic 6, you can do this:

It's not a hot-key but if you click on the calendar icon at the end of the date field it will default to today's date if the field is blank. You can then hit enter and it will add today's date to the date field.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#5 LeeHollenbeck

LeeHollenbeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

no icon on date fields in sources and citations :mellow:

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Confirming enhancement request includes sources and citations fields in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic