2 replies to this topic

#1 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1637 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Using the latest version of RM 6. Generated a Narrative Report, then saved as a .rtf format.
This is what I am finding. Will highlight the issue.

13 iii. Mary WESSLING9 was born on 2 Sep 1849 in Northfield Township, Cook County, Illinois.
41The Jun 1850 census record says, she, 3 born in Illinois, was living in Northfield Township, Cook County, Illinois.
36 She died in May 1851 at the age of 1 at North Northfield cemetery in Northbrook, Cook County, Illinois.41

14 iv. Sarah WESSLING9 was born on 2 Sep 1851 in North Northfield, Cook County, Illinois.
41She died of on 15 Jan 1852 at the age of 0 in North Northfield, Cook County, Illinois.42

Footnotes 41 and 36 should be on the line above. Like this....

13 iii. Mary WESSLING9 was born on 2 Sep 1849 in Northfield Township, Cook County, Illinois.41 The Jun 1850 census record says, she, 3 born in Illinois, was living in Northfield Township, Cook County, Illinois.36 She died in May 1851 at the age of 1 at North Northfield cemetery in Northbrook, Cook County, Illinois.41

14 iv. Sarah WESSLING9 was born on 2 Sep 1851 in North Northfield, Cook County, Illinois. 41 She died of on 15 Jan 1852 at the age of 0 in North Northfield, Cook County, Illinois.42

Noticed this in RM 5 also and was talked about here on the Forum. Please fix it. I have 88 pages with this about every other footnote.

Thanks in advance.

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Nettie, instead of me recreating this example to see the issue would you mind opening a support ticket and upload a backup so we can look at the end results when generating the narrative. Then I will double check the ticket system to make sure everything has been reported.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Certainly, go ahead and open a ticket as per Renee's request, etc. But in the meantime, I have a question. Where are you seeing the error - within RM itself where it displays the narrative report, or in a word processor after saving the report as an RTF file or as a PDF file?

Jerry