2 replies to this topic

#1 Stewartrb

Stewartrb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

I used this feature to highlight faces in a photo when I was using Family Historian.

I could attach a family photo to an individual (and use the same photo for all the people in the group, i.e. one photo in the folder) but then I could put a boundary around the individual's face so it was front and center for the individual in printouts, on screen, etc. This saved me the extra steps of having a group photo and then painstakingly cropping and cutting and pasting each individual out of the group photo into it's only face photo. (Granted, there's reasons I'd want to take these extra steps, but for cousins, I'd prefer to go the quicker route.)

Is a feature like this (featured in FH, called Frame Links I believe) possible in RM some day?

As I was thinking about creating this post I realized I could treat census images the same way. Rather than show an entire sheet from the census, which I'd have, for the individual, I'd just highlight the individuals entry in their personal media gallery.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

No, RootsMagic doesn't have this feature, but it is an enhancement request in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Madge

Madge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I am also an ex FH user and this photo feature is something that I really miss, it was so useful being able to use just a head out of a group photo yet still have the group photo intact for a family media item.

Margaret.