3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

RootsMagic does not seem to recognize the new Gilbert Temple Code of GILBE. Is there a file that can be manually edit to add the code? I would have hoped that RootsMagic would have been proactive and added the new temple codes in a updated prior to the temple being finished.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

The temple code list is built into the program. The Gilbert Temple Code (GILBE) will be added in our next update.

For now you could mark the ordinance as a live event and use the place field to enter GILBE. Once we have the new update you can print a list of everyone with that place name and make the appropriate manual changes to the ordinances.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

I would have hoped that RootsMagic would have been proactive and added the new temple codes in a updated prior to the temple being finished.

Did the new temple go on LDS's list of active temples before the building was finished and opened for use?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

The official dedication date was March 2, 2014. I believe the first day ordinances were performed was this past Tuesday, March 4, 2014. We did not receive an official announcement on what the Gilbert Temple code was going to be. In fact I still don't see that on LDS.org. It's only on another website that I'm even seeing it listed the same as what Kevin posted. I had to actually call the Gilbert Temple to get the official code because even the local temples here in Utah didn't have it yet.

We can't really be proactive if we don't have all the information needed to do so.
Renee
RootsMagic