• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigBill605

BigBill605

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

I am trying to document marriage banns found in the Old Parochial Registers of Scotland for the parish of Kilbarchan. The document was found on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk. I have the image of the original document. Should I use the source type, "Church Records (online image copies"? If so, how do I fill in the information requested (such as the name and location of the church)?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

This is really a tough decision, especially since I don't know what the document or the website looks like.

Keep in mind you can make a copy of any of the source templates and then edit it to include or remove fields you do not wish to use. You can customize it to fit your needs. Go to Lists>Source Templates and select the one you wish to copy. Click on the Copy button, say Yes. It will appear in the list next to the one you copied with (copy) at the end

Highlight the new source template and then click Edit. I would change the name by putting an * or ~ some type of symbol in front of the name so it sorts to the top of list. Then you can add or change the fields as desired.

I would probably edit either of these:
Church Records (online images copies)
Church Records, Parish Registers, UK (online images copies)
Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scotland, source type, Parochial registers