• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 taggy

taggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

I've been a very happy user of RM since v3, but I've been experiencing a loss of some horizontal lines from multi-page descendant charts for a while now.

It always seems confined to a few sheets on the LH side, and seems only to be the first and second lines. The individuals' 'boxes' are there, with short rising lines on the top of each box, but nothing to link them.

I'm using a trusty Hewlett Packard LJ4000 laser printer, and have tried changing PCL5 and PCL6 printer drivers, to no effect. I've also tried switching from portrait to landscape.

Someone made a similar report on Rootsweb in 2008, (with a different HP printer) but I haven't found any others.

Can anyone offer any advice, please?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7265 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Can you open a support ticket on this. We would like a backup (RMGB) of your database and the start person. If you can send a PDF or Doc of the report that isn't displaying correctly it will help us troubleshoot if it's a RootsMagic issue or a printer issue.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Is the question about Wall charts? That's the only descendant chart I can find.
Or is it about Prdigree charts? They sometimes use multiple pages.

I am gettin old and find it very hard to figure out what people are asking about when they rename things or do not use the program's full terminology. :wacko:
Alfred

#4 taggy

taggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:41 AM

Thank you Renee. I'll certainly be very happy if you could take a look at the problem for me, and I will send the things which you have requested. I omitted to mention in my previous post that the chart looks fine on-screen (except for some odd placements of people, i.e siblings and partners spaced out at opposite ends of the chart, - but I can usually move those). Thanks and regards.

#5 taggy

taggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hello Alfred,

Many thanks for your interest and reply. Yes, I'm sorry, I should have said that I'm referring to the decendant (or ancestor) charts produced under "Wall charts". Best wishes.