Photo

RM 3 & Custom Reports (adding Burial Place)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hbroots

hbroots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

I have been using RM3 since 2008 and been happy with it.
I attempted to upgrade to RM4 in 2011 without success.

My Question is How to add the field Burial Place in the Descendents Report - do I have to create a Custom Report?
From what I read here on the Forums, Custom Reports are for stand alone people - cannot create an exploding or down the tree type of Custom Report. In looking at the interface, it is rather daunting, need to know some of the internals of the product.
Can I start with the package or canned Descendents Report, and add the Burial Place and save it as Custom? I don't want to have re-design the canned Descendents Report to add one field.

Thanks, Heather

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

The Descendants list report does not have any option to include burial information.

With the custom report you can select a person then choose the descendants or ancestors or any other group as with any other type of report.

No, you have to do custom reports from a blank sheet. (You can add to existing CUSTOM REPORTS)
Create headings by adding text and each to the right to positioning it above the column.
Choose Field, drag it below the line, If you leave the fields above the line then there will only be the one person listed as a heading

The problem with Custom reports is they are limited to one line and one fact of a kind. for example if a person was married more than once, only oone marriage is listed.
Alfred

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3621 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

The problem with Custom reports is they are limited to one line and one fact of a kind. for example if a person was married more than once, only one marriage is listed.

Still true, more or less, with RM6 although, if Spouse Name is also a column, it outputs all the spouses, even though it outputs just the first marriage event. That is a bug - either it should output all the marriage events with spouse names (preferred) or not output any spouse names other than the one associated with the first marriage event (a shortcoming needing an enhancement).

Tom user of RM6314 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4101 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Confirming issue noted on custom report field for spouses and marriages in RM6 are added to our tracking system.

Confirming adding burial and christen dates to descendant report are in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic