1 reply to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3404 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

I use a few programs which use a Dashboard Type View and I know some genealogy programs do also. This view would ideally have a degree of user customization to report various file statistics which would help the user better their data strength. Such a view would be a constant visual reminder of things needing to be done within the file but without the need to specifically report on them.

Rootsmagic has the News splash screen which has it's purpose but I would envisage a Dashboard View as a new Tab with certain default File Statistics but it would also be nice if a user could add some counts important to them.

I don't remember this subject being discussed before so I am wondering how other users feel about such a view? Some of the information I would like to see reported is listed below but this list is far from exhaustive.

Problem list total,
Open To-Do count,
Overdue To-Do Count,
Unlinked Media Count,
Place Count without Geocoding,
Partnerships without Marriage Date,

The normal File Properties could also be included or a trimmed down version of those and some of the reported counts could be hyper-linked to the appropriate resolution utility.

I look forward to hearing the views of others.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8413 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic