• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ArthurK

ArthurK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I've come across a couple of issues with the Android app when in landscape orientation. I realise it's still early days, but it might help the developers if I flag them up. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.2.2.

1. When I search for a person using forename and surname, then click a name in the list of results, the app closes down, and I get a message telling me it has stopped. I can click OK to dismiss the message, but it tends to reappear one or two times when I am returned to the tablet's home screen.

2. I've noticed that in landscape orientation, the Exit button only appears in the Pedigree view; if I'm in Family, Descendant or Individual I have to either twist round to portrait or go back to Pedigree to find it.

The above two issues relate to landscape orientation only, but my third comment relates to portrait as well:

3. In some views the text size seems very small compared to that on my wife's iPad Mini. I've noticed this especially in Pedigree view, but the list of children in Family view is also quite small. Would there be any way of including a user setting to control font size, please?

Thanks,
Arthur

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

I've come across a couple of issues with the Android app when in landscape orientation. I realise it's still early days, but it might help the developers if I flag them up. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.2.2.

1. When I search for a person using forename and surname, then click a name in the list of results, the app closes down, and I get a message telling me it has stopped. I can click OK to dismiss the message, but it tends to reappear one or two times when I am returned to the tablet's home screen.

2. I've noticed that in landscape orientation, the Exit button only appears in the Pedigree view; if I'm in Family, Descendant or Individual I have to either twist round to portrait or go back to Pedigree to find it.

I can confirm this using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". Confirming issues noted in our tracking system.

The above two issues relate to landscape orientation only, but my third comment relates to portrait as well:

3. In some views the text size seems very small compared to that on my wife's iPad Mini. I've noticed this especially in Pedigree view, but the list of children in Family view is also quite small. Would there be any way of including a user setting to control font size, please?

I cannot confirm this in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". What device are you using?
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 ArthurK

ArthurK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I've come across a couple of issues with the Android app when in landscape orientation. I realise it's still early days, but it might help the developers if I flag them up. I have a 7" tablet running Android 4.2.2....

I can confirm this using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". Confirming issues noted in our tracking system.

Many thanks for noting these.

Thanks,
Arthur

I cannot confirm this in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". What device are you using?

I have a Tesco Hudl - you may not be familiar with the name, but it's sold by the UK's largest supermarket chain. As I said, it's a 7" device, with Android 4.2.2.

The iPad Mini admittedly has a slightly larger screen than this, but what I've noticed particularly on my Hudl is that the name labels are really quite small with a lot of blank screen/background between them, and the text in them is correspondingly small. On the iPad Mini the labels seem to fill up a lot more of the available space, and the text is much more legible.

Hope this helps,

Arthur

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8375 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

I sent the name of your device to development with the issue noted.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 ArthurK

ArthurK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Thank you!