• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rbitrbit

rbitrbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

I am new to RootsMagic and just synced the application to my iPad. I was not paying close attention to what I was doing and added the RootsMagic application file to the iPad, instead of the family file (which i subsequently added correctly). I would now like to remove the application that I added as a file, in error. How might I do that?

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I am new to RootsMagic and just synced the application to my iPad. I was not paying close attention to what I was doing and added the RootsMagic application file to the iPad, instead of the family file (which i subsequently added correctly). I would now like to remove the application that I added as a file, in error. How might I do that?

How did you transfer the file to the iPad? Via Dropbox? Via iTunes?

#3 rbitrbit

rbitrbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

I transfered it via iTunes.

#4 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

I transfered it via iTunes.

OK, connect to the iPad within iTunes and select the Apps tab. Below the list of Apps is a File Sharing section and RootsMagic should be one of the Apps under this heading. Select RootsMagic and you should be able to view the files you have transferred to the iPad for RootsMagic to use. If the invalid file is shown, select it and then delete it using the delete key - the use of the delete key didn't strike me as obvious when I first tried to delete an RM file.

If the file isn't shown, then I don't know how to get rid of it other than with a factory reset of the iPad (or something similarly nasty). Maybe you just have to suffer the loss of space.

Hope this helps.

#5 GalinAZ

GalinAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Another thing to note; you can't delete the file from your iPhone or iPad that is currently the primary database on the device.  You need to add another database or switch to a different one on the device before attempting to delete a database.

#6 PeggyF

PeggyF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:54 AM

I have a similar question -

I am trying to create more space on my iPad.  I have added several RM databases that I no longer need on the iPad.  I use Dropbox to add files.

How do I delete old RM databases from the iPad device?

Thanks!

Peggy Freedman

Peggy Mosinger Freedman

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:51 AM

I don't have my iPad with me so this is from looking at the Android device. 

Tap on File>On Device and then tap on Edit. It will put a red circle with a minus sign next to the database names. You tap on the one you want to delete.

Renee
RootsMagic