3 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3359 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

I would like to see the option for Multi Selection of Media items when tagging whether they are being added to the Gallery from hard disc or being selected from existing Media Gallery items.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

The great Indian mathematician Aryabhat caclulated the value of pi at 3.1416, ~1500 years ago and without a computer!

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8316 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sandykp

sandykp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

i JUST started using RM6 by importing my 5,000 names from TMG. I don't know the answers here and hope this is the place to ask. Do all the media have to be in the same folder on my pc to link here. Example, I have them on my pc under surname and broken down in to sub folders for event types per surname. Am I doing this right, I can just link to RM6 and they don't have to all be in the same files?on my pc???? I want to know before I go and do this wrong. The other questions is. I am just learning to scan, I wish there was a webinar on that for genealogy on RM????? Please, I can't find a good you tube or video on teaching me this HOW TO SCAN GENEALOGY DOCS. I don't understand I imported a media link of a letter. I couldn't read it in RM so I used the + sign, after I viewed it it asked me if I wanted to save the changes I made to it. What I don't know now, is; when i print a media report or scrapbook, if I have not done this enhancement in RM6 media file to each one of my media attachments, does that mean my file will print so tiny no one can read it and I will have to go back and edit all my media. I couldn't find the answer to this in the forum. I hope someone can answer me before I start attaching all my media to the sources/citations. Thank you all for any help.

#4 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3359 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Do all the media have to be in the same folder on my pc to link here. Example, I have them on my pc under surname and broken down in to sub folders for event types per surname. Am I doing this right....

Yes this is fine all my media stems off a folder called Genealogy into surname into document type RM Broken links utility will find your files.

I can just link to RM6 and they don't have to all be in the same files?on my pc???? I want to know before I go and do this wrong. The other questions is. I am just learning to scan, I wish there was a webinar on that for genealogy on RM????? Please, I can't find a good you tube or video on teaching me this HOW TO SCAN GENEALOGY DOCS. I don't understand I imported a media link of a letter. I couldn't read it in RM so I used the + sign, after I viewed it it asked me if I wanted to save the changes I made to it. What I don't know now, is; when i print a media report or scrapbook, if I have not done this enhancement in RM6 media file to each one of my media attachments, does that mean my file will print so tiny no one can read it and I will have to go back and edit all my media. I couldn't find the answer to this in the forum. I hope someone can answer me before I start attaching all my media to the sources/citations. Thank you all for any help.

Don't know about scanning from within RM, I scan all my stuff outside RM and save within my folder structure. I can tell you that a common misconception exists in RM where many users double click a media item to view it whereas RM enters an Edit mode therefore asking do you want to save.

Media attached to Sources/Citations while visible in Media Gallery will currently be lost to some degree in reports etc. I would suggest that you search the forums for terms like Media Gallery, Sources, Scrapbook for further information.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

The great Indian mathematician Aryabhat caclulated the value of pi at 3.1416, ~1500 years ago and without a computer!

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root