• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny Lanctot

Jenny Lanctot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

I noticed that the timelines for individuals are all out of order in the app. I have marriages, censuses, and other events in the timeline AFTER the death of the individual. Since the main purpose of the app is to be able to view your information on the fly to make it easier to do your research, not having the events in chronological order seems counter-intuitive.

I'm accessing from a Samsung Galaxy SIII, Android v. 4.3, if that makes a difference.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8178 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

The events for an individuals will display in this order.

1. Personal Events
2. Family Events.

It's the family events that will appear out of chronological order because they come after the person's death or last personal event. With the family events they should appear in chronological order. If you use the census (family) event it will sort under the family events.

We've had a lot of feedback on this sorting so we are looking at if we want to change it or not. We basically have stayed true to the Individual Summary report or the narrative reports in RM, which have the same behavior.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 jonjmorin

jonjmorin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Can you tell me if this behavior has changed in version 7? I did not notice it for quite a while after I purchased the software, and it's a pretty big issue. It's very counter intuitive to see timeline events out of order, even if they are family events, especially because they are not labeled as such. At the very least, a heading or label letting the reader know that some are personal events and some are family events would go a little way in clarifying.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8178 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

No, this has not changed. It is still behaving as other reports that list Family events after individual events. We do have an enhancement request in the tracking system showing user want it to behave differently. 

Renee
RootsMagic