2 replies to this topic

#1 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Is there a quick way to copy and paste sources from one event to another event?

I somehow ended up with two events that are similar and each event has a row of sources. I only want one event with both row of sources combined into one event.

Two of the same databases can be opened at one time. But if the edit screen is open on one database, the edit screen cannot be opened on the second database.

---
Other comment: There's been a lot of spam in the General Messages section of the forum with spammy links. Shouldn't those be removed before someone clicks on them? http://forums.rootsm...neral-messages/
~ Debbie

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6415 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

You can copy one source at a time using the Memorize/Paste feature of the Citation Manager. In the Edit Person screen, open Sources for one event to get to the CM for it and Memorize. Close the CM and then open Sources on the other event to get to the CM for it then Paste. Repeat until all copied and then delete the unwanted event.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Thanks Tom, that will work, but will be a little time consuming opening and closing the screens as I go back and forth :)

A feature request would be the ability to copy the whole page of sources at once. *wishful thinking*
~ Debbie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sources, copy, edit person, open, more than one database