6 replies to this topic

#1 EdgardoRH

EdgardoRH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Here are the things I have found after a few minutes of pocking around:
  • The Pedigree chart displays each individual too small. Please add pinch and zoom and navigating the tree with finger swipes.
  • The multi-media files are very small and rendered blurry.
  • Please consider hiding the link info making it optional. This will allow near full screen size.
  • Also consider adding the pinch and zoom feature, otherwise the pics and docs are useless.
  • This sequence of steps crashed my Samsun galaxy 4S into a black screen. It took me several attempts to get to the shot down screen. The only way to recuperate.
  • Opened a multi-media file
  • From the menu opened the locations list
  • Tried to get out of the location list and the app crashed.
Look forward to a quick set of fixes for this and others being reported.

Thanks for a great RM PC product. I am confident the Android version will be a great kit.

Regards

#2 alderon

alderon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

See my experience under "database not read by app" topic. Good start, but updating the database doesn't seem to work.

Edit: my problem may have been my database, not the app. Sorry to raise the alarms bells if not warranted. (See my solution in the other thread.)

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

• This sequence of steps crashed my Samsun galaxy 4S into a black screen. It took me several attempts to get to the shot down screen. The only way to recuperate.
  • Opened a multi-media file
  • From the menu opened the locations list
  • Tried to get out of the location list and the app crashed.

I can't reproduce the crashing on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". Maybe this crash is device specific. It could also be your database. Why don't you open a support ticket and send a backup of your database so we can rule that out. Also give us the specific people, media, and places you are using to recreate this.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 exscentric

exscentric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

I've tried it on two units. Every time I start it the app closes. Second time it usually opens but not always. One is a samsung note 8 running android 4.22 and the other is a kindle ffire running full android 4.2. (a hack package)

Seems okay after a second start.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Run the File>Database Tools on your RM database (RMGC) to make sure there is no corruption in it. Then upload it to Dropbox. If it still happens we will need you to open a support ticket and a backup of your database for testing.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 exscentric

exscentric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

If you are refering to my post -- it was doing this before I set up dropbox and put the database on the units -- if not refering to me please ignore :-)

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

This applies to anyone experiencing the Android app crashing.
Renee
RootsMagic