• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davidblackburne

davidblackburne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

I have a large number of photos, scanned documents and word files attached as media files to facts in the personal pages of my tree but when I create a website using RootsMagic 6 the only photos it contains are those under the person. I have tried putting a weblink into the fact note files buit they are not live links so you would have to copy and paste them individually and also store the photos, etc elsewhere on the web. Will you be adding the possibility of attaching media files in the future?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Are you using the Internet>Publish Online feature to create your website or Internet>Create HTML Files?

The Publish Online feature is the only one that will allow you to upload all your images. There is an option to check if you want to include "Primary photos only". Make sure that's unchecked if you want all the photos included.

The HTML files will only include the primary photo
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 traveler2030

traveler2030

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

I am having problems with uploading photos to my website.  Some photos will upload and other photos will not..  It seems that when I upload a new photo to replace an old one, it doesn't show up.  If I upload a photo to a new person, the photo will show up on the website.  What can you suggest to correct this problem.

Thanks.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

I still need to understand what type of website you are creating. What settings are you using?

You posted on the RM6 forum so is it a Publish Online or HTML website?

Are you using Internet>MyRootsMagic - Publish Online is RM7? How are you replacing the old image? Does it have the same name and fact as the previous one?

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 traveler2030

traveler2030

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

I was using Publish online on the RM7.  I am changing an image to a different one on some of them and replacing some with the same image. 

I am not sure what you mean about what settings that I am using.  Sorry, just started using the program.

Thanks.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

I will need to check tomorrow, but I don't believe a republish of your database to the website will include images in that situation. I will clarify that with development. You may need to delete the website and recreate it.

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 traveler2030

traveler2030

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

Thank you for all your help..  I finally solved my problem...