• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shylalp

shylalp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

I am a longtime Rootsmagic user and love it. However I am always looking for newer (and yes, easier) ways of dealing with transcribing and correctly sourcing all those lovely downloaded images of documents (census, parish records, military files, etc). I appreciate the developers of Rootsmagic have worked hard to make correctly documenting sources easier. However Clooz has made it simple to both document AND transcribe the documents, as well as attach the image and the person or people involved in the document all together.

I understand that the developers of Clooz have approached Rootsmagic (amongst others) developers in hopes of better integrating the program. Right now we can export FROM Rootsmagic to Clooz (which was very handy to be sure). What I'd wish for is being able to export from Clooz TO Rootsmagic all these lovely documents I've transcribed and attached to persons. Is it too much to wish for? Apparently Legacy Family Tree already has this integration, so it IS possible.

Anyways, there's a wordy bit of wishing. :)

Thanks!

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I second this request. I know Clooz has approached Roots Magic about it since I talked with them about it at a conference. It would be nice to have the same abilty as the users of Legacy Family Tree to import data from Clooz into Roots Magic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clooz, sources, transcribing, images