• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 leighstulack

leighstulack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

Is anyone else having problems with their iPhone RM app? Mine constantly crashes. What happens is that it will load the database and when I go to click on "OK", it shuts off. Also, somethings when I'm going back and forth in the pedigree screen, it will crash.

Unfortunately right now I'm left with this database when not at my desktop so I rely on this information (my laptop is a Mac).

Thanks for any help!

Leigh
--
Leigh Stulack

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Run the File>Database Tools all options in consecutive order on your database. Then upload that RMGC file to Dropbox.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 leighstulack

leighstulack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I appreciate your comment, Renee. Unfortunately, after following all steps, this still doesn't work. It has worked intermittently in the past but unfortunately that doesn't help my situation and makes the program completely unreliable. If my PC hadn't died, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. Now I have a program I can't really use.

Thanks again for the response.
--
Leigh Stulack

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6254 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Are you using version 1.1.1? Touch the Info icon bottom right. Prior version was very crash prone.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

I don't have an iPad and am using the Android beta app, but I had a situation today where the app wouldn't open. I evidently had a faulty download from Dropbox. Perhaps the Internet connection was lost during the download. I deleted the database off of my phone and downloaded it again from Dropbox and everything is working fine again.

Perhaps, deleting the database on the iPad and downloading the database again will help.

#6 leighstulack

leighstulack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yes, I'm using version 1.1.1 I'm not using an iPad, I'm using an iPhone 4S. I've deleted the app and reloaded it. I've deleted my apps from Dropbox and reloaded them. It's loading the file and once it says OK, I click on that and it shuts down.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I do appreciate them!
--
Leigh Stulack

#7 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6254 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

There may be something unusual about your database that is stimulating the crash. That was true earlier on for some, but not all, databases. I suggest you go to RootsMagic Support and submit a ticket describing your problem along with your database file. If they can recreate the problem then they are halfway toward a solution.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#8 seering

seering

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

I had the exact same problem this morning. I had just updated my PC to RootsMagic 6.3.0.6. I then synced my PC's RM database to the iPhone and experienced the crashing. Here are the steps I did to fix it:

Deleted RM 1.1.1 iPhone app
Ran the PC's RM File->Database Tools all options in consecutive order as described above
Reinstalled the iPhone app
Launched iTunes on the PC and resynced the RM database file under My iPhone -> Apps -> File Sharing -> Add
Launched the RM iPhone app

Hope this helps...

#9 Galaxy Ranch

Galaxy Ranch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

Yes, I have had problems the same as you describe for some time, the app used to work, doesn't anymore, I have followed all the tips here and reinstalled several times, still doesn't work! Very disappointed, wish they would just fix it already!!