1 reply to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3372 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

I am sure this has been at least discussed before, this is just in case it does not exist in the tracking system.

Problem: When Sharing an event and using the Just type name of person that person is not findable by searching at some point in the future therefore I usually add the person to my database, however that option is not part of the sharing process.

My wish is that an option be added under Add a Person to Add a new person to the database.

It would actually be better IMO if the Just type name of person and then This person is NOT in my file then added the person to the file or at least presented a dialogue giving the user that choice.

Posted Image

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

Procrastinate (verb) - delay or postpone action; put off doing something.

"Named groups are currently static. We will be addressing dynamic groups (for lack of a better name) down the road a bit...

We are having to temporarily remove some functionality that isn’t ready yet in order to get the program out like everyone is clamoring for" - Bruce Buzbee October 5, 2008

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5 (in order of preference)

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8334 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic