7 replies to this topic

#1 salconflu

salconflu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

I have been meticulously keeping research text in my citations of sources regarding individulas in my database. It appears the only notes that can be printed with regular reports are Person Notes. So I have gone to the Research Reports; Research Notes report but the resulting reports are blank, presumably because the notes reside with the Citation Detail text and not the Source Text.

Is there a way to print these Citation Detail notes?

I would prefer to print them for groups of individuals while I am at it, but it appears I can only report research notes for individuals or families....

Thank you.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8206 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

The Research Notes reports will print the source citation's Detail Text tab's Research Notes and Comments fields for an individual or family.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 salconflu

salconflu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Then it is not working for me.

I take any number of individuals with Research Notes/comments in the Citation Detail and run the report but only get a blank report with the header "Research Notes for [Person]" and the date.

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Is the Include only sources with research notes box checked? If that box is checked and the person or persons have no research notes in their source citation, the report will be blank.

If that box is checked and there are Comments but no Research notes the report will be blank even if the Include comments box is checked.

#5 salconflu

salconflu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

Blank regardless of which boxes are checked. No Comments, just research notes in the citations.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8206 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

It's best to open a support ticket then and include a backup of your database. Let us know which individuals and their facts with sources should be showing up on the report.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new
Renee
RootsMagic

#7 salconflu

salconflu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Just to confirm, the Research Notes Report does not print Person or Family notes. Unfortunatley, most of my research notes do not belong with specific events. They are generally biographical, historical, etc, or discussions of the overall status of conclusions based on one or more sources.

I would strongly suggest RootsMagic consider including an option for printing these very important notes.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8206 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

Confirming issue is noted in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic