Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:45 AM
Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:12 AM
- Go to the Groups sidebar.
- At the top of the sidebar, you will find the name of your current group and to right of that will be a little icon whose content is impossible to decipher and for which no text appears when you hover over it. Nevertheless, you might think of it sort of as the "edit groups" icon. Click that icon.
- Click the big green plus sign that also says New. A Select People window will appear.
- In the list at the left of the Select People window, find and highlight your ancestor. The easiest way to find your ancestor is usually to type his or her name, last name first followed by a comma and a space followed by first name. Before you can start typing, you will have to highlight someone in the list. This is not to select the person you have highlighted. It's just to enable you to start typing.
- Having found and highlighted your ancestor, click Mark Group at the upper left of the Select People window.
- Click Decendants of highlighted person. Choose how many generations you want and whether you want spouses or not and then click OK. This is the step that will get all of your ancestor's descendants with one click. You definitely do not have to select each descendant yourself.
- Click OK in the lower right hand corner of the Select People window.
- Enter a name for the group and click OK.
- Click Close. Your newly created group will automatically become your currently selected group.
Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:35 AM
Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:55 AM
Highlight the person you want the ancestors and the ancestors descendants for. Select Mark group, Ancestors of highlighted person. On the Ancestors option screen, select Ancestors and ancestors descendant's. Choose the number of generations.
You can upgrade to RM6 for $19.95.