Photo

Wall Chart font size, make bigger than 48?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dbash1@aol.com

dbash1@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm planning to print out a 3 x 2 foot wall chart and can't seem to make the family name bigger than size 48. I've also tried to import an image to do this but I just get a very jagged version of the name once I import the image (whether its gif, jpg, or bmp).

#2 VirginiaBl

VirginiaBl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

By 'family name' do you mean the Title of the chart? If it is the Title, are you setting the Title font size in the chart options before you create the chart, or are you changing the Title size in the chart using the box Properties? It may be a limitation of the font you are using. What font is it?

Virginia

#3 dbash1@aol.com

dbash1@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Virginia -- thanks for your reply. Yes, I do mean the title. Regardless of the font I choose, I can only select a maximum of 48-point (that's if I select the font/size ahead of time in the chart options or if I use box Properties after the fact). Even if I simply insert new text to replace the title, I have the same problem. Thanks for your help!

#4 VirginiaBl

VirginiaBl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

I have no problem setting the font to 72 in the report options and it appears that size in the chart. Once in the chart, there is no 72 size for any font I tried. I don't know whether that is a limitation of the chart software or a bug.

When you select say the Arial font for the Title in the report options, does the list of font sizes not go to 72? If not, I wonder if it could be a printer limitation. Do you have a size 72 in Word, for example?

Virginia

#5 dbash1@aol.com

dbash1@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Virginia -- thanks again for your help. No, I can only go to 48, no matter what font I choose, although in Word, I can put in any size. It's too bad I can't enter it the same way as Word (where there's a pull-down option list but you can also enter in whatever value you wish). Perhaps the problem is that I'm using RootsMagic 5. Are you using 6?

#6 VirginiaBl

VirginiaBl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yes - I am using v6. You may find that a 48pt font for the title is adequate for a wall chart. A standard assumption is a 4-foot viewing distance, and for that a 14pt font for the names and 12pt for data.

Virginia

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 4146 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

There should no difference between the RM5 and RM6 Charting program. I'm also not sure why you can't go higher that 48 pt font.
Renee
RootsMagic