• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jhaufe

jhaufe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

I go into family search central and then click ordinances. I was checking to make sure that the temple work had been completed at the temple. When I look at the ordinances, it shows the ordinances for someone else. But when I go to Share Data tab it shows the correct person and all his correct information. I know the Temple ordinances listed are wrong, because I have been doing the temple work for the individual.

To fix the problem I go to the Share Data tab and then click unmatch. It is then unmatched and then I have to go to the Find matches tab and rematch to FSFT. Once I do that the Ordinance information under the Ordinance tab shows the correct ordinance work. But then later, I have go and do it all over again, even though I have unmatched and then rematched them.

Why is this happening? It doesn't happen to all the people who are matched to FSFT, but only to some of them. And it is only happening with the ordinance information.

#2 jhaufe

jhaufe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

This is an update to how to alleviate the wrong ordinances showing on the family search side of the Ordinance tab. You can hit the edit person button. It brings up the persons edit page and then you close it. After closing it. you get the little circles showing you that they are looking for the updated information. When that is complete the correct ordinance information shows.

It is random when doing this. The program can show the correct ordinances when you go into it one time and then the next time you look at that person it will show the wrong ordinance information on the FSFT side of the ordinances.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8406 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

The Ordinance tab should display the exact information you see in FT for them. On the Share Data tab click on "Show on Family Tree" and make sure you have the same info. Just keep in mind you might see extra relationship that may not have been deleted in the (old) New FamilySearch website when viewing them through RootsMagic. That will be fixed at the end of the year when FamilySearch severs the connection between the sites.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 RayF

RayF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

I have a similar problem in that the RootsMagic ordinances on the left side of the FamilySearch Person Tool do not match those on the FamilyTree side on the right. It turns out that the cause for this is that I changed the people in the tree by renaming them and moving them. So although the tree looks correct the names do not match the ordinances. Apparently you can change a person's name but the ordinance stays intact.

It would be very helpful if roots magic would allow me to show the persons ID (KJ5AM–XYZ) on both sides. It would then be more apparent why there is a difference. I'd also like the option to display the persons ID in RootsMagic tree.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8406 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

To display the FamilySearch ID after a person's name go to Tools>File Options>General and under "Number to display after name" select FamilySearch ID.

RootsMagic will embed the FamilySearch ID for the person you are linked to on Family Tree. There's no way to show two different numbers at the same time. If you are linked to the wrong person on Family Tree then use the UnMatch button on the Share Data tab to removed the wrong number embedded and then find the right match they should be.

It sounds like you basically hijacked a FamilySearch record by just renaming the person and moving data over. If the wrong person is in a relationship you need to unlink them and then add the correct person in their place. You can only do the "unlink" by deleting relationships on the FamilySearch website. Don't delete the person because it will only create problems with ordinances for someone else.

If your ordinances are all messed up now on FamilySearch you will want to contact them for assistance is resolving this issue. They will have to go back through the changes and restore the person you "removed" by changing the name and then find the person you have by that name and add their ordinances. If things have gotten really bad you might just need to add a new person and start over with their ordinances. 

Contact FamilySearch at 866-406-1830 or support@familysearch.org

Renee
RootsMagic