• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Irons

Phil Irons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

1. Corpses aging? If I enter a date of death, say 19 Nov 1919, and subsequently enter a burial date in the following year (a not uncommon event in areas where the ground freezes early), the age shown at the time of burial is one year greater than the age at death.

2. When I enter a date (even if it's just the year) of birth for a person in the United Kingdom, the program insists on using 'United Kingdom' as the country; however, if, as often happens, the date of birth is unknown, then the program insists on using 'Great Britain' for the country. Now we all know that GB = UK, but for the sake of consistency, can we use one or the other?

I thought I had a third one, but I'm having a Senior Moment...

Regards,

Phil

Grey hair is a crown of Glory; it is attained by a righteous life

Proverbs 16:31

#2 Ludlow Bay

Ludlow Bay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

I thought I had a third one, but I'm having a Senior Moment...
Regards,
Phil

Hmmm ... sounds like an issue with the Human Condition .... would that be a bug or feature? :D

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3885 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

1. It shouldn't list any burial age if the death date is entered. Go to List>Fact Type List and make sure you don't have more than one death fact in there. You might be using a custom death fact that isn't being treated as a trued death fact.

2. CountyCheck should be using Great Britain between 1 May 1707 and 1 Aug 1800, United Kingdom is used 1 Aug 1800 to Present. If you have no date I'm not sure what it should default to because the suggestion should be based on the date of the event.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Phil Irons

Phil Irons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for this, Renee. It appears that the program defaults to United Kingdom if no date is entered. This is also true if a qualifier, such as before, after, or circa is entered before the year, e.g. ca 1725. Hopefully after my vacation in Scotland next year, I'll have real dates!

regards,

Phil

Grey hair is a crown of Glory; it is attained by a righteous life

Proverbs 16:31