1 reply to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3499 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

I have been working again with Duplicate Search Merge so posting my thoughts for enhancements as they form.

I find I adopt two models of operation while using Duplicate Search Merge, neither of which is very intuitive.

1. Edit each suggested person prior to any merge, this is difficult due to what is then not a side by side comparison view and I have wished for more information to be available at this point in the past.

2. The second mode of operation is to merge those individuals I am happy to merge and then highlight the merged individual again for edit so I can reconcile the information and prevent duplication.

Since I found myself using this method a lot and it could be easily forgotten it would seem prudent to have a checkbox that when selected any merged individual is opened for edit automatically so the personal information can be reconciled and any duplication or conflicting information dealt with.

I was wondering how others use Duplicate Search Merge and what other enhancement ideas are out there.

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do - demand better

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8688 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Confirming enhancement request for a check box to automatically open the Edit Person screen after a merge is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSM, Duplicate, search, merge