• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Greenrl

Greenrl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

This problem in RM4 has been bugging me for quite a while now with no solution so I am finally asking for help.
I have one repository (a very important one with 179 citations) in a To Do action that randomly shows up with a different one in the the details after clicking OK. Later, after Closing the person's To Do list and reopening it, there is no repository shown and a report for To Do at the repository does not contain the person's To Do.
I have tried deleting the item and adding it back in as a new one with no success.
I have deleted the odd repository and then selected the correct one but this leads to a different random repository showing up. SIGH.
I have run out of ideas. Hopefully this is enough information.
Richard

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3567 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Possibly there is a corrupt index in the database. The Rebuild Indexes function was added in version 5. So, one suggestion is upgrade.

Otherwise, maybe transferring everyone to a new database might clear up the erratic behaviour. However, if there is corruption, it may also affect the transfer via GEDCOM or drag'n'drop.

Tom user of RM6314 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celtiwiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Greenrl

Greenrl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Thanks Tom. I suspected that this must be the case.