• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmower

jmower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

How do I get a list of RIN numbers in sequence? I can see a RIN by the person's name, but if I want to go to a specific RIN number or see the last RIN, I don't know how to call up the sequence of RINs.

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3489 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

-Goto a specific RIN via the <Record> button in the Search tool RootsMagic Explorer
-The last RIN (and the history of past RIN's visited) is the green left (and right) arrow buttonsat the top of RM (under the word <Edit> in the top toolbar) or (CTRL + arrow keys)
-A sequence of RIN's could be achieved via a Custom Report (add columns and sort by Record Number)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Or, you could switch to the People view and sort on the record number.

Just click on the heading to sort by that column. click again to reverse that sort.
Alfred

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

Or create a Cusrom report sorted on the record number.

#5 jmower

jmower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, but I can't find the sort button that Alfred suggests as that seems the easiest of the suggestions. KBenson's suggestion is probably a good one, but I can't find the buttons suggested. I will keep looking. I have looked an hour so far and haven't been able to find them. The report is a possible solution but I think I have nearly 9000 ancestors in this file and that would be a lot of printed material. I would suggest that the operating manual add this RIN viewing option to their help menu. I thank all of you for your attempted help, but I am not very bright. :)

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

On the People main acreen, Customize this View and add the Record number to rhe view.if you don'r already have the record number showing on the People main view. Move Record number up to the top of the list.

On the People view, click on the Rec# column label to sort the People view by the record number. To sort the column in the other direction, click on the column label again.

To resort by the Name, click on the Name column label.

To open the RootsMagic Explorer screen, select the magnifier icon on the toolbar or select Search at the top of the main screen and select Person list.

Select the Record button and enter the record number and click OK.

To go back and forth between records you have visited during a session, you can customize the Toolbar to Add the Back and Forward icons to the Toolbar. Or, open the Search menu and select Back or Forward The short keys are shown on the Search menu. When you close RM, the history for that session is cleared.