• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 keroppikeroppi007

keroppikeroppi007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

I've got a lot of AUS and UK certificates, etc. that I want to source in RM6, but the templates don't quite seem to "fit" them. I was wondering how other people have managed to source items from these countries? :unsure:

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 3675 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

If you find a source template that is close you can make a copy of it and then edit it to include the fields you want, etc.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Cora

Cora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Perhaps I don't understand this solution. In several RM 6. default templates, "Military, Muster Rolls for example" - Footnote, Short Footnote and Bibliography all default to "National Archives, Washington, DC". There appears to be no way to remove that information through editing the template where it simply doesn't seem to appear. Any help in removing this default will be greatly appreciated.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3252 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Those words are in the Source Template's sentence templates. You have to edit the three sentence templates (footnote, short footnote, bibliography) to say what you want. However, the Catch 22 is that you cannot edit a built in Source Template which is why Renee says to make a copy which you can edit.
Tom user of RM6306 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
Posted Imagewiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Posted Image app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.