11 replies to this topic

#1 Mad dog

Mad dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

When creating the report "On This Day", the Historical Events, Famous Births & Deaths are available to print or not. Can these be edited or are they not able to be updated at all? I don't see a separate file that contains this information. If we can't updated them, will the RootsMagician or someone be adding more current events to keep them up to date?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8701 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

It's an internal data set inside of RootsMagic. So you can't edit them. You could give us suggestions for new events and I will pass it along to development.
Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Mad dog

Mad dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Too bad. The most recent Historical Event I found was in 2010 and I don't think development would update 3 years worth of events. Guess I'll continue to update UFT that has a separate database for events. Let us know when that changes. Thanks.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8701 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I don't see why development wouldn't update 3 years of historical events if the information is available. I will put it in the tracking system to remind them it's outdated.
Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Mad dog

Mad dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

Thanks Renee. I look forward to it.

#6 westis

westis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

I'm not yet using the paid version. But I suppose historical events are US- and Europe-centric? I'm doing research about my wife's family in Kenya and would ilke to add particular events to the region where they come from, and to relate that to the family members' stories of those events. I suppose that is not possible if the RootsMagic history database is internal?

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8701 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Our desire is to have it world-wide. Most are United States and European specific but there were some in China and Brazil and other places world-wide. If you have a list of people in Kenya you wish to add please send it to support so we can include them.

support@rootsmagic.com
Renee
RootsMagic

#8 westis

westis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Our desire is to have it world-wide. Most are United States and European specific but there were some in China and Brazil and other places world-wide. If you have a list of people in Kenya you wish to add please send it to support so we can include them.

support@rootsmagic.com

Thanks. However, I would like to add quite detailed history of a particular region in Kenya. Many of those historical events are not in any history book about Kenya as a country, but only in more specific history about that region. So if we could add our own historical events then it would be great. Could be to add another "layer", personal historical events, that can also be added to your internal db once you've moderated them and adding what you think is of general interest, so that others can use them as well.

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8701 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.
Renee
RootsMagic

#10 westis

westis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Confirming enhancement request is in our tracking system.

Thanks! I'd suggest to change the wording to something that is easier to understand for people not familiar with what a tracking system is. Something like "Thanks for your suggestion. We have added it to our todo list, although we can't say when it may be available".

#11 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6435 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thanks! I'd suggest to change the wording to something that is easier to understand for people not familiar with what a tracking system is. Something like "Thanks for your suggestion. We have added it to our todo list, although we can't say when it may be available".

Not "todo list...", rather "to review list" period.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#12 westis

westis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Not "todo list...", rather "to review list" period.

Yeah, anything that is easy for beginners to understand. :)