• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PDW

PDW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

I get this notice when I try to merge with familysearch. When I close this window down and go back it usually does not come up again.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

Usually we see the 400 error coming from FamilySearch when there is a living/deceased relationship between the person and his family members. I haven't seen this with merging, though I suppose you might be trying to merge a deceased records with a living person's record. It's probably best in this case to open a support ticket and tell us which two people you are unable to merge.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 gawoodruff

gawoodruff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

I keep getting the same error when I tried to merge - and all the people are deceased. I also get the same error when I check for duplicate records and then try to merge the two together.

I am getting tired of it, I am about ready to switch software's

#4 gawoodruff

gawoodruff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

also I did open a support ticket and still it is not fixed.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

I can't tell which support ticket is yours. Did you send it after the latest update? Make sure you included the FS IDs for the people you get this error on when merging.

There are some additional reasons why some records cannot be merged.

1. The people are not the same sex
2. One record is a living person the other is a deceased person.
3. Both individuals are living.
4. The combined records would cause an IOUS (to large of a record) on the (old) New FamilySearch website. The limit on NFS is 250 records being combined. FamilySearch needs to sever the connection between the NFS & FT website before this issue will be resolved. They give a date of that happening as the end of the year.
5. FT IDs that begin with a KW need to be the primary record. You will need to switch which record you are connected to as the KW record. Then you can merge the other record into it. I know most KW records are LDS membership records so this is why those need to stay primary and not be lost. I'm not sure why other records that are not LDS membership records are KW records and need this same consideration. So just make sure you have all your people matched to the KW record on FT.
Renee
RootsMagic

#6 David W

David W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm getting it all the time when all I am trying to do is update a persons name and/or place of birth and/or birth date. Any updates to demographic information. I'm not trying to merge records, just update information. Some days are better than others but this is getting to be a normal occurrence. Update: I found that if the person has too many unresolved 'issues' in family search that I can't see through roots magic, if I log onto family search to view possible issues with the person and fix them then roots magic normally will work ok. It's almost like roots is really saying "hey, I just can't update the person's info because it's just not easy to do when I am trying to work with family search to get this done. Sorry." I'm not saying this is the only issue but perhaps one of the causes for this message to be displayed.

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

I've been trying to work with it also both yesterday and today. FamilySearch has been going up and down. I've been testing using RootsMagic and making changes on the Family Tree website directly. Both are flaky so we are going to have to wait for FamilySearch to resolve their issues.
Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Family Tree

Family Tree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Renee,

I am also seeing this problem a lot. Yesterday and today it is almost every time when trying to update an item of information from RootsMagic to FamilySearch Family Tree. I hope it can be resolved soon. Sometimes the item is updated in spite of the error message and sometimes it is not.

Has RootsMagic contacted FamilySearch to see what the underlying problem is and when it will be resolved?

Rich

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

It was working fine for me this morning.
Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bad Request