• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tracee1074

tracee1074

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

hello I have been using Family search and started using root magi recently. I am having trouble finding anything but a census,which I found easily on family search. Maybe I am not doing something right. It just seems I cant do anything on this rootmagic but the adding of people on the family tree. I also want to add the my family is from PR. so the maiden surname ,taking names and adding them is very confusing. Any help or suggestion would be wonderful. I feel like I just spent money to be a little more organized and don't like that I spent money on that.thx in advance Tracee

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Roots Magic is a database, meaning it provides a way to store and organize your info. You find your info from various sources (library, courthouse, internet, etc.) and copy that info into Roots Magic. Roots Magic has recently added the ability to sync your Family Search tree with your Roots Magic database - but unlike Family Search, Roots Magic does not have direct links to databases of marriages or other records. Roots Magic WILL help you organize your collected info, and therefore your research efforts should become more focused and productive. I'd suggest that you take the time to watch some of the webinars on the Roots Magic website. They will help you to understand just what Roots Magic is designed to accomplish.