4 replies to this topic

#1 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I was under the impression that the photos were automatically resized when they were uploaded to the roots magic website. I was able to upload my primary photos to the website in the past but am now getting the message the file is too big. Individuals have been added to the database but no new photos. Did one of the recent updates change how photos were handled when uploaded to the roots magic website?

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I do not think that photo files were ever resized when uploaded to the web site.
Alfred

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yes, photo's are resized a bit when generating the Publish Online website. But, they are not resized enough to fit the requirements of uploading your database to the My.RootsMagic.com website. If you have added more people and images to your database since that last time you uploaded then that is probably why its to large to fit now. You did mention no images were added, so you must have added a lot of new people.
Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Allen Prunty

Allen Prunty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:39 AM

Renee is there a storage limit on the My.Rootsmagic.com website sites?

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:44 PM

Renee is there a storage limit on the My.Rootsmagic.com website sites?

In RM6 there was a limit of 2 websites with the combined size limit of 50MB.  In RM7 you can have up to 10 websites with a combined size limit of 100MB.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N