• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Victor

Victor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

I am trying to figure out how to create a custom report based on a specific fact.  In this case, I have a number of ancestors who have been granted arms. I have a fact created named Arms, wherein I write the description of the arms born.  I also have access to some blazons, and would like to search my RootsMagic file to find who has arms (which is one of the standard reports), but now I need to see which ones have a media file associated withe the 'Arms' fact type.  I cannot figure out how to see if a media file is attached to the fact, and cannot figure out to print the media on the reports.  Can someone help?

Thanks,

Vic

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3235 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

I don't think there is any easy way to get what you want from within RootsMagic. You can get a list of people with the Arms fact easily enough. And you can get the Multimedia List for persons having the Arms fact but it includes the multimedia for all their events. You could save these reports to .csv format and import them into Excel and do a bunch of manipulations there that would distinguish persons having the Arms fact between those with Arms media and those without. Otherwise, just print the two reports and visually cross reference. A custom SQLite query could provide fast results after you make changes to your database.
Tom user of RM6306 FTM2014 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
Posted Imagewiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Posted Image app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.